The Irish Senior Citizens Parliament
The Irish Senior Citizens Parliament is a national organisation with over 300 affiliated organisations countrywide. Our vision is of an Ireland where Older People are empowered and enabled to live and age positively.
We are now seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed individual with a minimum of 3 years’ experience for the role of:
POLICY & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
PART TIME POST FOR MATERNITY COVER
Location: This post will work remotely until end Jan 2022 and then combined office and remote working is an option.
Hours: 24 hours (3 days)
Salary: €32,000-€35,000 based on experience. (pro rata)
To produce professionally researched relevant policy positions on issues pertinent to our work with older people in Ireland
To create awareness on key issues through use of all forms of media.
- To identify and develop policy areas which will strengthen the voice and influence of the Parliament within:
- Policy makers within Gov Departments
- Relevant organisations with the Community & Voluntary Sector.
- To respond to Government policy positions with well researched and accurate information. It is important that all our work is influenced by our member base and their experience as well as research on the issues.
- To track EU and international developments and ensure they inform our proposals where relevant.
- The development /publication of articles for media on issues of concern to Older People
- Updating website, managing social media accounts, promoting ISCP events
- Items for newsletter and social media.
- Developing webinar events.
For further details on how to apply, please refer to the Job Description and complete the Application Form below. CV only will not be accepted.
You are required to complete the Application Form and send it with a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the criteria for this position and the reasons why you should be considered for interview.
Please email both documents to email@example.com to arrive by 17.00 hours 1st October 2021.
Interviews will take place for on Friday 8th October.
Screening of candidates will take place based on the information contained in the Application Form and the Cover Letter.
Age will not be a barrier to appointment to the Irish Senior Citizens Parliament as we are opposed to any form of discrimination.
This position is funded by the Scheme to Support National Organisations which is administered by Pobal and funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
For the full Job Description: Policy Officer Job Descripton Maternity Leave
For the Application Form: Application Form PCO